Register and attend the 2020 NSW Seniors Festival Expo and you could win a trip to New Caledonia!
2020 NSW Seniors Festival Expo
New Caledonia Holiday Competition
Register and attend the 2020 NSW Seniors Festival Expo and you could win a trip to New Caledonia!
The prize includes 2 return economy flights with Aircalin + 5 nights twin share accommodation at Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham + Return airport transfers + Day Excursion+ Wine tasting a Tapas Dinner for two at Chai de l’Hippodrome.
Terms and conditions for entry
How to enter
1. The NSW Seniors Festival (representing Department of Communities and Justice ABN
36 433 875 185) is the promoter of the NSW Seniors Festival Expo Holiday Prize
Package. This document is the relevant Terms and Conditions.
2. GTI Tourism Pty Ltd [ABN 8712 2809 974] (on behalf of New Caledonia Tourism)
together with Aircalin and Ramada Hotel and Suites by Wyndham are the sponsors of
the prize but not the promoters of the competition (‘the prize sponsors’). Prizes will be
finalised and determined at the promoter’s sole discretion and are subject to the New
Caledonia Tourism’s own terms and conditions, attached here to and marked as
3. By entering into the competition, entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and
4. Entry is open to all NSW residents who physically live in NSW with a NSW mailing
address, aged 60 years and over (in case of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, aged
50 years and over), except the promoter’s employees and their immediate families and the project sponsor’s employees and their immediate families.
5. Entries will be accepted only from 9.00am AEST Wednesday 4 December 2019 to 3.00pm AEST on Friday 14 February 2020.
6. Only one entry per person is permitted, and entrants must attend the NSW Seniors Festival Expo on either Thursday 13 or Friday 14 February 2020 to be eligible for winning the prize.
7. This is a game of chance and skill plays no part in determining the winners. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be accepted.
8. Competition entry is available electronically upon registration of attendance at the 2020 NSW Seniors Festival Expo at https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/nsw-seniors-festivalexpo or physically at the NSW Seniors Festival Expo event on Thursday 13 and Friday 14 February 2020 by obtaining a competition entry form from the information desk at Hall 4, ICC, Darling Drive, Darling Harbour (‘the information desk’).
9. To be eligible, entrants must complete all applicable fields in the form, being name, physical NSW address, email address and phone number.
10. Entrants who made their entries electronically in advance must bring a hard copy of their online registration to the NSW Seniors Festival Expo and submit it at the information desk to be eligible for entry into the competition on either Thursday 13 or Friday 14 February 2020.
11. No responsibility will be accepted for late, incomprehensible or incomplete entries.
12. The promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of any entry for the prize.
13. The promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information or other errors (whether technical or otherwise) that may occur in the course of conducting this competition.
14. These terms and conditions are governed in accordance with the laws of Australia and New South Wales.
15. Entrants indemnify the promoter on demand by the promoter in respect of all claims demands, liability, damages or causes of action (however named or described) losses, costs or expenses directly or indirectly incurred or suffered by the promoter in respect of the following:
a. entering the competition or accepting the prize;
b. any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the competition;
c. the use of the entries by the promoter; and
d. any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
This competition is registered with the NSW Fair Trading and a permit number is authorised under NSW Permit LTPS/19/40804.
16. Entrants consent to the promoter and prize sponsors using the entrant's name, image and/or voice in the event that they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same). This information may be published in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition.
17. The entrant acknowledges that the promoter is collecting their personal information and has done so directly from the entrant. The supply of personal information is voluntary and is not required by law. Failure to provide your personal information will exclude you from entry into the competition. The purpose for which the promoter has collected the personal information is to conduct the competition and for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes. All personal information collected from the entrant will be disclosed to the prize sponsors. The promoter and prize suppliers may use the personal information for promotional, marketing and publicity purposes including sending posts, electronic messages to or telephoning the entrant. Entrants to the competition have the ability to opt-out of providing their personal information to the prize suppliers by selecting the opt-out check box on the entry form.
18. The promoter will be the holder of the personal information for a period of three years from 11 December 2019. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the promoter by contacting the Department of Communities and Justice, 223 – 239 Liverpool Road Ashfield or emailing NSWSeniorsFestival@facs.nsw.gov.au.
19. If for any reason whatsoever this competition is not able to be held as planned, due to any reason, including unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes, which in the promoter’s sole opinion corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition, the promoter reserves the right (subject to any applicable law) in their sole discretion (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the competition.
20. The winner will be notified by email or over the phone by Monday 24 February 2020.
21. Prizes are not exchangeable or transferable for cash.
22. The draw will take place at 4.00pm AEST on Friday 21 February 2020. One entry will be drawn as the sole winner (‘the initial winner’) by the promoter at NSW SeniorsFestival Head Office, 223-239 Liverpool Rd Ashfield NSW 2131 .
23. A redraw will take place at 2pm AEST on Monday 2 March 2020 at 223-239 Liverpool Rd, Ashfield NSW 2131 for the event of an Unclaimed Prize by 5pm AEST Sunday 1 March 2020.
24. An ‘Unclaimed Prize’ is defined to cover one or more of the following situations:
a) The promoter’s failure to successfully notify the initial winner;
b) The initial winner failing or refusing to acknowledge and accept the prize after being notified by the promoter; or
c) The initial winner refusing or failing to provide a valid email address, phone number and NSW postal address or adhere to the Terms and Conditions of the prize.
25. The promoter reserves the right to request the winner to provide proof of identity, including age; proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address; and/or proof of entry validity. Proof of identification, residency and entry validity considered suitable for verifications are at the discretion of the promoter.
26. The promoter reserves the right to substitute alternative prize of equivalent or greater value and in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the competition without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
27. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize which may be incurred by the winner.
Prize Conditions (Appendix 1)
1. There will be one (1) individual prize to be won.
Prize will include:
Two (2) Return economy flights to Noumea with Aircalin from Sydney.
Five (5) nights in a classic room at Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham with buffet breakfast for two (‘the hotel accommodation’’)
Airport and hotel transfers
Full day excursion to Amedee Island for two
Wine tasting and tapas dinner for two at Chai de l’Hippodrome
Net value of $4,000.00.
General Prize conditions
- Hotel nights include the relevant taxes and complimentary breakfast for two people.
- Hotel booking: Vouchers reflecting the entitlement to the hotel accommodation are to be provided to the winner, which are to be valid for one year after the winner’s announcement. The hotel accommodation must be booked in advance by the winner personally.
- Black-out dates apply at the discretion of the prize sponsors. Prize is nontransferable, non-refundable, non-negotiable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer and subject to the project sponsor’s availability at the time of reservation.
- Any services unused will be forfeited by the winner. Presentation of the voucher is required at the check-in.
- Additional expenses, including airport departure taxes, visas, compulsory travel insurance, meals not listed, any optional tours and activities during free time, camera fees, tips or gratuities, and items of a personal nature, are not included in the prize and are at the winner’s expense.
- The winner may also be contacted and photographed during the prize handover.
- Tickets are for two return economy class seats from Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane.
- Travel is on a firm space basis, though subject at all times to the airline’s availability at time of request.
- Tickets are not transferable, redeemable for cash and are non-endorseable.
- The winner and his/her companion must travel together at all times.
- Dress Code: Smart Casual - Denim jeans, rubber thongs and bare midriff tops are not acceptable.
This is how we will handle your personal information
Registering to attend the NSW Seniors Festival Expo
As part of the 2020 NSW Seniors Festival Expo, the Department of Communities and Justice will collect and hold personal information about you for ticket registration purposes and estimating event attendance/demographical profiles. Details that will be collected include first name, surname, email address, postcode, employment status, age, interest and hobbies.
Entering the NSW Seniors Festival New Caledonia Holiday Competition
As part of the 2020 NSW Seniors Festival New Caledonia Holiday Competition, the Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) will collect the following personal information about you:
- Email address; and
- Telephone number
- Employment status
- Interest and hobbie
The Department of Communities and Justice (the competition promoter) will disclose your personal information to the prize providers GTI Tourism c/o New Caledonia Tourism, Aircalin Airlines and Ramada Hotel & Suites by Wyndham.
Your personal information will be used for the purposes of the prize providers conducting promotional and marketing activities in relation to their travel services as well as marketing activities in relation to the NSW Seniors Festival.
The Department of Communities and Justice will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. The competition promoter (DCJ) will be the holder of the personal information for a period of three years from 11 December 2019. Entrants should direct any request to access, update or correct information to the promoter or prize providers by contacting:
NSW Seniors Festival Team, Department of Communities and Justice, 223 – 239 Liverpool Road Ashfield or email NSWSeniorsFestival@facs.nsw.gov.au .
Prize Provider Contract Details
New Caledonia Tourism email@example.com
Aircalin Airlines firstname.lastname@example.org
Ramada Hotel and Suites by Wyndham email@example.com